Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Ray of Sunshine!!!

Good morning dear friends!!!

Well...I am in much NEED of some SUNSHINE...thought that I would create my own!!   So today I'm going with yellow and some SWEET little mice friends!!!

I created this "Secret Box"...the original tutorial can be found at Splitcoast Stamper's...just go to their site and search for the secret box tutorial!!

Here is what I came up with...

please click on the first image for a full screen closer view...

as I said before I was in the yellow mood...the cardstock is actually embossed with a floral pattern and has a bit of sheen throughout...
I stamped two sweet little mice..."Oh!  Happy Days" and "Monica Lands" both feature Monica the mouse...  

 this is "Oh!  Happy Days" coloured with my Prismas and mounted on a scalloped circle cut out with a Marvy punch...
 so that means this one is "Monica Lands"...
 the two sides without an image are the same...
decorated with Memory Box Lavish Branch, pearls, pale yellow chiffon ribbon and a little flower holder that I put some yellow stamen in...
 the top decorated with flowers, yellow tulle/pearl clusters and die cut leaves all mounted on a scalloped circle punched from the Marvy punch...
 this is the box opened...
as you can see you only adhere one side of the circle so that you may open the box...
three shelves are inside...
I will store some of my smaller embellies in this...
so double duty...fun to create and decorative storage as well!!

So that is my homemade "Ray of Sunshine"...hope you like it!!!  AND NO FRANTAGE!!

Materials Used:
Stamps-House of Mouse "Oh!  Happy Days" HMER1002 and "Monica Lands" HMER1005
Dies/Punches-Memory Box Lavish Branch and Marvy Scalloped punch
Everything else is from my stash

Challenges I will enter:
House of Mouse-Challenge #164  "Anything Goes"
Sweet Stampin'-Cute
Creative Fingers-Challenge #25 "Anything Goes"
Lady Bug Crafts-March Challenge "Spring is Here"
Crafty Catz-Challenge #220 "Anything Goes"

Until next time...your visits and comments are SO VERY MUCH appreciated!!!

19 comments:

  1. Hi my sweetie this is sooooooooooo gorgeous I love the lush happy colour & those mice are so darn cute. I havnt inked my HM stamps up for soooooo long. Sorry I've been MIA hun :0(

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the prettiest "secret boxes" I've ever seen. Just lovely and something to behold. Your little touch of blue around each image is done to perfection. Your other two sides with the flowers are so nicely done as is the gorgeous top of this box. I'm glad you wanted to make your own sunshine because you did an amazing job. Also glad you played along with us here at House Mouse & Friends this week. I do hope we get to see more of your sunshine very soon. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Beth! This is so pretty. We sure could use some spring sunshine here....thank-you for bringing it to your blog! Leave it to you to try something like this...I am so glad you did! This looks a bit tricky to do....I love how you have a gorgeous image coloured on each side and then you popped it up and the flower arrangements are so pretty.You make me want to haul out my house mouse stamps, I just can't get them to look like yours. Ummm, I may have to try!!!!
    Have a good day Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute secret box, love love love those meeces, they look so happy don't they?! and your posy of flowers on the top is just sooo pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome as always. Beth you put so much work into a card or project and it shows. Love the sunny yellow (has been a long winter), your little mice, and the secret box is delightful. Thanks for sharing it with the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and joining the fun.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWIE WOW WOW!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! I just love those stinkin little mice! The box is ridiculous! I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing project!
    Thank you for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo cute! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most gorgeous secret box I have ever seen! Wow, wow, wow, is all I can say! That just brought a whole lot of sunshine into everyone's life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome secret box this is! You have made it so beautifully. It is on my list of projects to do, you just gave me a great idea.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous Beth, such beautiful sunny colours and adorable images, your attention to detail is outstanding.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at Sweet Stampin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. another beauty ..... love House Mouse and putting them on a cool box like that, is great! sure do like the "box of sunshine"!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How pretty! I love the flowers on top. This is a really neat looking box. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! Beth this is fabulous. You haveinspired me! I must try this shape one day soon Although I still have not made that lovely Exploding box yet. So many ideas, what a shame we have to sleep, I really need those extra hours! lol Happy Weekend, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Beth, what a wonderful creation - I have one of these boxes on my 'to do' lists for ages - perhaps you have inspired me!!! So beautifully created, wonderful colours and gorgeous details - your images are lovely colouring!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the most fun creation with those little secret compartments! I love the mouse images on the sides, and that topper is fantastic!! Nj!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful, I love the look of the inside too, you've really decorated this beautifully.

    ReplyDelete